Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
The Chief Operating Officer will support the President and CEO in managing day-to-day operations of all Liberty Fund programs and departments.
This is not just an operational role, however. The Chief Operating Officer must be a true partner to the President and CEO in shaping organizational strategy and leading one of the most important transformations in the organization’s history. The Chief Operating Officer will be a key leader in driving innovation, establishing new practices that improve productivity, making Liberty Fund a leader in the use of data and technology, and building a highly skilled team that will pursue the organization’s mission in the decades ahead.
The Vice President, Chief Operating Officer will supervise 10 staff members, including departmental Directors, Senior Fellows, and Program Managers. The Vice President, Chief Operating Officer will report to the President and CEO.
The position is located in Carmel, Indiana.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Serves as the operational anchor of the management team. Works with the management team to set company goals and implement strategies.
- As part of the new Executive Management Team, supports the President and CEO in managing day-to-day operations of all programs and departments of a 40+ person organization.
- Oversees and executes all of the logistics related to large projects and new initiatives planned in conjunction with the CEO and other members of the Executive Management Team.
- Monitors, measures, and reports on the progress the organization is making towards objectives and key results (OKRs).
- Works with the CEO and VP Controller to develop budgets for each fiscal year and execute programs according to budget.
- Directly supervises Liberty Fund departmental Directors, Senior Fellows, and Program Managers.
- 10+ years of related experience, including significant organizational and personnel management experience
- Intellectual interest in specific subject areas of Liberty Fund, including individual liberty, personal responsibility, and the ideas, traditions, and institutions that support a free society
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior management and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional task management and organizational skills, with experience creating and managing efficient processes
- Ability to set up and manage new tools and systems for management
- Data-driven decision making
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to manage people and projects, as well as contribute to the intellectual aspects of our programming
- Ability to mentor and coach staff
- Ability to be a strategic thinker and articulate and drive toward a vision
- Financial/budgeting experience to work with the Board and the Vice President and Controller on financial goals and objectives for the organization
- Willingness to be hands-on, when necessary
- Mission-driven executive that will bring passion and energy to the role
- Experience in overseeing major digital initiatives. This person does not need to be a technologist, but will need to understand how strategy, design, and technology interact and understand the components of a digital project. This person should also have experience working with external technology vendors and service providers.
- Bachelor’s degree; post-graduate degree preferred but not required
- Willingness and ability to travel roughly 25% of the time, including overnight travel by land and/or by air
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in Liberty Fund, how your experience has prepared you for this position, and your salary requirements
Applications should be submitted to Talent Market via this link: https://talentmarket.org/candidates/apply-for-your-dream-job/
Questions can be directed to Claire Kittle Dixon, Executive Director of Talent Market, who is assisting with the search: firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no application deadline for this position. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
This job will remain posted on our site until it is filled. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.